There is one power in the universe. And we are using it every day. Every time you focus and direct your energy toward the completion of a task or the achievement of a goal, you are calling upon this one energy. And it will respond to your requests.
We are surrounded by and living in this energy. And as long as we allow it to flow through us, to operate in our lives, we can feel whole and productive, set priorities, and get everything done. But when things are out of balance and we keep pushing and driving relying on our own reserves, we become depleted, exhausted, burnt out, sick, injured, unable to continue.
And for many, the first response is to believe we can’t change our lives. We blame our stressors and see them as inevitable. So we find our nurturing and comfort through medication, addictions, and diversions. But the truth is we each have access to an inexhaustible supply of power to manifest what matters most to us in our lives if we choose to do so -first, by taking accountability for our choices; second, by getting into action toward manifesting what we want; and third, by calling upon that energy to support our decisions for our highest good and the highest good of those around us.
Many of us have developed great skill in tuning in to the emotional state of others. We call ourselves empaths.
Being able to identify your own emotional state, and sense the emotional state of another person before you speak or act, is called emotional intelligence, and is a good thing.
However, when we take on the emotional state of others, we are at the mercy of who is around us. If we are too open to others’ criticism, we will wilt in its presence. If we are dependent on others’ positive feedback to validate us, then when they turn their attention elsewhere we will settle into our default state of self-perception. If we feel inadequate without validation, that is the state we will fall into. The key to maintaining our balance is to recognize and maintain our own autonomy and power.
Dr. Masaru Emoto work showed that the molecular structure of water can be affected by positive and negative messages, harmonious and discordant music. Negativity and discord cause molecular distortion. Positivity and harmony cause the development of beautiful crystalline structure. We also know this works with plants, how could we think that a diet of unrelenting negativity would not affect humans, causing whole groups to adopt a fearful perspective and attack others in response?
Here are two strategies that are available to us to maintain our own autonomy and emotional well-being in the face of energy coming at us from without:
- Self-love, knowledge and appreciation – not narcissism, a true and genuine accounting of both our strengths and the shadow work still before us, loving ourselves for what we have accomplished and for our ability to learn the lessons before us.
- Clear and healthy boundaries.
Four things will allow us to maintain healthy boundaries by helping us filter out things which are not in our highest good, and let in things that are.
- Creating a clear vision of the life you want, not just defining what you don’t want
- Knowing and doing your best to live the values and principles that define integrity to you, To me, those values should be consistent with the principle , “Do as you will, but harm none – including yourself.”
- Learning to recognize the two voices in your head - your inner critic, who keeps the inventory of your errors and “failures,” and your inner coach, who reminds you of all you’ve accomplished and your ability to work your way out of whatever you have gotten yourself into.
- A plan for learning, growth, creating positive change, and maintaining your resilience
We will be able to let in those things we judge to be in our highest good and release or refuse to admit those that are not if we can create these four conditions in our minds and use them in solving problems and making decisions.
Last week's show on with Emma Day, Master Herbalist, teacher, flower essence practitioner, and owner of Black Spruce Herbals in Seattle, Washington is now is available for download here:
If you'd like to download any of the shows to listen later, Please use this link. All the past shows are up, They are also available on Apple iTunes Podcasts, and for listening on my website: